Departments include the following:
|Ballantrae Golf Club||Fire Department||Public Works|
|Building, Inspections & GIS||Human Resources||Racquet Club|
|Civic Complex & Ice Arena||Library||Revenue|
|Engineering||Municipal Court||Tennis Center|
|Facilities Maintenance & Landscaping||Parks & Recreation||Water & Sewer|
Current Employment Opportunities:
ASSISTANT WELL OPERATOR
The City of Pelham is currently accepting applications for the full time position of Assistant Well Operator in the Water Division of the Department of Development Services & Public Works.
This position acts as the water quality supervisor by monitoring and controlling treatment equipment to purify and clarify water for human consumption and for industrial use by performing the following duties:
Performs and supervises all daily operations, maintenance and repairs of all well, tanks and pit locations.
- Operates and controls electric motors, pumps, and valves to regulate flow of well water into the water system.
- Injects specified amounts of chemicals into water or adjusts automatic devices that admit specified amounts of chemicals into tanks to disinfect and clarify water.
- Monitors panelboard and adjusts controls to regulate flow rates and distribution of water.
- Repairs and lubricates machines and equipment.
- Tests water samples in system for regulatory and water quality control.
- Performs system flushing and valve operations as required for water quality.
- Records data such as residual content of chemicals, water turbidity, and water pressure.
- Performs landscape maintenance at all wells, tanks and pit locations.
- Performs general housekeeping and minor maintenance at wells, tanks, and pits as required.
- Assist Well Operator or operators to perform duties as needed and directed.
- Must be able to be on call in rotation with other operators and must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
Potential candidates must have the knowledge skills and abilities to perform each essential duty and are required to have a Grade II or higher Water Operator Certification. Knowledge of wells, pumps, tanks and telemetry systems plus electrical and mechanical experience is preferred. A valid driver’s license is required and must be maintained. Candidates must satisfactorily pass a background investigation and pre-employment drug screen after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
The salary range for this position is $38,239.25 to $52,116.17. The City of Pelham offers an excellent benefits package and participates in the Retirement Systems of Alabama Tier 1 for full-time employees.
Applications are available on the City website https://pelhamalabama.gov/156/Employment-Opportunities and can be downloaded. Completed applications may be sent to HR@pelhamalabama.gov, mailed to City of Pelham, Human Resources, PO Box 1419, Pelham, AL 35124, or delivered in person to 401 Southgate Drive, Pelham.
The final date to submit applications is Thursday, October 29, 2020 at 5:00 PM.