Mailing AddressCity of Pelham Fire Department
P. O. Box 1419
Pelham, Alabama 35124
Battalion Chief Danny Reid - A Shift
Battalion Chief Mike Reid - B Shift
Battalion Chief Tim Honeycutt- C Shift
Division Chief Dewitt Marcrum
Deputy Fire Marshal
Lieutenant Justin Palmer
Division Chief Brian Cleveland
Training and Safety
Captain Ricky King
Hours08:00 AM, monday --- 05:00 PM, friday
Welcome to the City of Pelham Fire Department!
ISO Rating: ISO Class 2 rating protecting approximately 23,000 citizens within a 37 square mile area. We respond to approximately 3000 calls annually. Our community protection includes residential, commercial, and rural use type of properties including Oak Mountain State Park.
- Fire suppression
- Emergency medical response
- Public education
- Vehicle extrication
- Surface and underwater rescue
- Confined space/high angle rescue
- Trench rescue
- Hazardous materials mitigation
Our Fire Department was founded in 1964 as a volunteer organization and evolved into a full-time department in 1984. We currently employ 80 certified firefighters/emergency medical technicians who work a 24 hour on/48 hour off schedule. Pelham is home to five fire stations strategically positioned throughout the city. Each station houses an Advanced Life Support (ALS) pumper along with the specialty equipment assigned to that station.
Fire Prevention Division:
- Fire Marshal
- Fire investigations
- Public education
- Building inspections
- Planning & engineering
- Training courses for both Pelham firefighters and firefighters across the state of Alabama.
- Pelham firefighters received 97 certifications in various specialty areas of fire response in 2016
- Responsible for the department’s safety programs
- Provides our citizen with the best medical care possible as their needs arise
- Our personnel have the best training and equipment available along with a thorough QA program
- Oversees record keeping, licensure and compliance with applicable State and Federal laws and regulations.
The members of our department are consistently working to achieve and maintain the highest level of professionalism and efficiency on behalf of the residents, businesses, and visitors we serve. As your Fire Chief, I strive for continuous improvement in all that we do to provide the best possible services to our community.
Danny C. Ray