The City of Pelham is supported by numerous departments. Each department is unique and important in its role to support the community. Departments include the following: Administration (clerical support, accounting/financial support), Court, Engineering (City Engineer), Building Inspections & GIS, Revenue, Human Resources, Facilities Maintenance & Landscape, Library, Parks & Recreation, Public Works (laborers for maintenance and repair of streets and other community areas), and Garage (mechanics to support operation and maintenance of all city vehicles), Police, and Fire. Also included is the Pelham Water/Sewer organization, Pelham Racquet Club, Ballantrae Golf Club and Pelham Civic Complex & Ice Arena. These departments will inform Human Resources when employment opportunities are available. We encourage you to complete an on-line application and e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain your application on file for sixty days. (You may also forward a copy of your resume.) The City of Pelham ensures that all individuals have an equal opportunity for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability, or national origin. The City of Pelham is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is E-Verify compliant.
Human Resources Director ~ The Mayor’s office for the City of Pelham is currently accepting applications and resumes for the full time position of Human Resources Director. This position is responsible for developing policy and directs and coordinates human resources activities, such as employment, compensation, payroll activities, risk management/safety activities, benefits, training, and employee services by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate employees:
- Compliance and support of all rules pertaining to City of Pelham Civil Service Law Act; serves as secretary to the Personnel Board.
- Analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan; budget preparation for Human Resources department and personnel payroll and benefits for other departments.
- Prepares personnel forecast to project employment needs; maintains job descriptions database; posts job openings for departments. Administers open competitive testing for police, fire and dispatch
- Writes directives advising department managers of company policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits.
- Consults legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law.
- Develops and maintains a human resources system(s) that meets top management information needs; includes employee benefits data access; attendance software; conduct new employee orientations; prepare and conduct mandatory policy training; prepare and conduct new supervisor training.
Complete job description available upon request.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources Management and/or equivalent combined education and experience; may hold certificates in IPMA-HR, SHRM, or equivalent. May hold certification with AAPPA, but must obtain within first two years.
One to three years supervisory experience preferred with organization skills, assigning and directing work, performance reviews and addressing complaints and resolving problems. Valid driver’s license required.
Salary and benefits beginning at $79,700.00, depending on experience, education, and other training.
Applicant must satisfactorily pass a Background Investigation and pre-employment drug screen after receiving conditional offer of employment. Applications are available on this website and can be downloaded. Completed applications and resumes’ may be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to the City of Pelham, Human Resources, ATTN; Janis Parks at P.O. Box 1419, Pelham, AL 35124 or dropped off at Pelham City Hall. NO PHONE CALLS. Final date to submit applications and resumes is Wednesday, December 14, 2016 at 5:00 PM.
City of Pelham is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is E-Verify compliant.