Mailing Address32 Philip Davis Street
Pelham, AL 35124
Phone Number(205) 620-6407
Hours08:00 AM, monday --- 05:00 PM, friday
Location, Contact Information, Business Hours, and Parking
The Pelham Police and Court Building is located at 32 Philip Davis Street, Pelham, AL 35124. The court office is directly behind Pelham City Hall. Pelham Municipal Court is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Parking for Municipal Court is located on the corner of Highway 52 West (CO Rd 52 W) and Philip Davis Street. On court days, beginning at 3:30 pm, court personnel will not be available by telephone. However, the magistrate’s window will remain open during court proceedings for payment transactions.
- To contact the magistrate’s office by telephone, please call (205) 620-6407.
- The magistrate’s office fax number is (205) 620-6566.
On designated court dates, court is held in the Pelham Police and Court Building located at 32 Philip Davis Street, Pelham, AL 35124. Parking for Municipal Court is located on the corner of Highway 52 West (CO Rd 52 W) and Philip Davis Street. Court begins at 4:00 pm. Please be on time, as late arrival could result in a problem for failure to appear in court. Courtroom doors open a few minutes prior to 4:00 pm. Please check in with a magistrate when you arrive, prior to taking a seat. On court days, beginning at 3:30 pm, court personnel will not be available by telephone. However, the magistrate’s window will remain open during court proceedings for payment transactions.
- Failure to appear in court will result in a warrant for your arrest, and in some cases, suspension of your driver’s license.
- A Spanish interpreter is available during all court proceedings. If you need other interpreter assistance, please let the court office know prior to your court day.
- If you have Payment Plan / Probation Docket questions, please refer to the section labeled Payment Plans / Probation Docket.
Payment Plans / Probation Docket
You must appear on your court date, if you have not made your full monthly payment or checked in with the magistrate prior to your date. Payment and check-in should be made on your court day between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm. Cases for the Payment Plan / Probation Docket will not be continued over the telephone. If you are on a payment plan or probation, you were given a yellow copy of the agreement you made with the Judge. Please refer to your agreement regarding monthly payment amounts and other conditions. If you have any questions regarding your agreement with the Judge, please contact the magistrate’s office via phone or in person.
- If you have questions regarding Methods of Payment, please refer to the section labeled Methods of Payment.
Methods of Payment
Please wait at least 3 business days to allow your citation to be processed prior to contacting the court regarding costs or other payment information.
- Certain citations may be paid without appearing in court. For such cases, payment must be received by the court office on or before your court date. If you wish to enter a plea of guilty in person, the citation may be paid only by the person who received the ticket. Picture identification will be required with every transaction. Cash, money order, cashier’s check, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover will be accepted in person at the magistrate’s office. There is a 3.5% convenience fee if the citation is paid with a debit or credit card at the payment window. Please be advised that debit and credit cards must have the cardholder’s name printed on the card and must be accompanied by the cardholder. The cardholder must present picture identification.
- Payment may also be mailed for certain citations. You may mail a cashier’s check or money order made payable to Pelham Municipal Court to P.O. Box 1419, Pelham, AL 35124.
- Payment may be made online at Citation Payments. Once on the website, select PELHAM MUNICIPAL COURT and then click PAYMENT. The citation number located on the top right hand corner of your citation, including the letter in front of the 7 digit number, will be required for online payment. There is an 8.5% convenience fee if the citation is paid online.
- No personal or business checks will be accepted in person or by mail.
If you wish to contest your charge
- You must appear in court on your court date at 4:00 pm.
Defensive Driving School
If you are interested in defensive driving school, you must appear in person on or before your court date to see if you qualify for school and obtain pertinent school information. Please bring your current driver’s license with you. Please note, defensive driving school is not available for all charges.
Need to file a warrant, in order to press charges against someone?
If you would like to file a warrant against someone, and the criminal activity occurred in Pelham, AL, please first make a police report with the Pelham Police Department. Once the police report is completed, pick up a copy at the Records Department in the police department lobby. Once you have your police report, contact the magistrate’s office to make an appointment with a magistrate regarding your incident. When you come for your magistrate appointment, please bring your police report, any evidence for the criminal charge, and any witness who observed the criminal activity. You will be required to make a written deposition and will be interviewed by the magistrate. Any witnesses will be interviewed as well. The magistrate will then determine if there is probable cause to issue an arrest warrant for your incident.
Info regarding impounded vehicles, prisoners, accident reports, or incident reports
Please contact Pelham Police Department at (205) 620-6550.
To reserve the courtroom
Please contact the Court Clerk at (205) 620-6407.