Vehicles may be towed by the Pelham Police Department for several reasons:
- You are arrested and taken to jail;
- You violated the Pelham Safe Streets Act for driving without a valid driver’s license;
- Your vehicle had evidentiary value in a crime;
- Your vehicle was abandoned on the roadway, blocking traffic or causing a hazard; or
- You were transported from the scene of a traffic crash or medical incident for treatment.
VEHICLE RELEASE PROCEDURES
- Vehicle owners must come to the Pelham Police Department to obtain a vehicle release.
- An impounded vehicle will only be released to the registered owner of the vehicle. The registered owner is considered to be the person who is registered as being the owner according to State of Alabama vehicle records such as the vehicle title or vehicle registration. Ownership must be verified by one of the following: Title, Application for Title, Tag Receipt, and/or Bill of Sale.
- Picture identification must be presented to verify identity of vehicle owner. Any of the following documents are acceptable: Driver’s license from any US state or territory, ID card from any US state or territory, US passport, US Military ID, AST-60 form, US Certificate of Naturalization, US Permanent Resident card, US Employment Authorization card, foreign driver’s license, foreign passport, or Consular ID card.
- At the time of release, the legal registered owner must provide a valid and current driver’s license.
- Current and valid driver’s license from any US state or territory.
- AST-60 Form if arrested for DUI (provided at time of arrest).
- If the legal registered owner has no driver’s license, an expired license, a suspended license, a revoked license, or a cancelled license, he/she must have a driver, with a valid license, accompany them to the police department to obtain the vehicle release. Only a licensed driver will be allowed to drive the towed vehicle away from the impound lot.
LOCATION OF IMPOUND LOTS
Impounded vehicles may be retrieved between the hours of 8:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. seven days a week from the wrecker service impound lots listed below. You must obtain the vehicle release paperwork before going to the wrecker service impound lot.
Directions to Kirkland’s Wrecker Service
From the Pelham Police Department turn south on U.S. Highway 31 and go to 2nd red light. Turn left onto County Road 52. Go to the 4th red light. Turn right onto McCain Parkway. Kirkland’s Wrecker Service is on the left at the bottom of the hill behind the Chevron station.
Instrucciones para ir a Kirkland’s Wrecker Service
Del Departamento de Policia de Pelham de vuelta (a su derecha) al U.S. Highway 31 Sur y continue al segundo semaforo. De vuelta a la izquierda en County Road 52. Continue hasta el cuarto semaforo y de vuelta a la derecha en McCain Parkway. Kirkland’s Wrecker Service esta a mano izquierda al bajar la cuesta, pasando la gasolinera Chevron.
Directions to Wheeler Wrecker Service
From the Pelham Police Department turn west (right) onto County Road 52. Cross the first set of railroad tracks and turn right onto Lee Street. Wheeler Wrecker is located on the left.
Instrucciones para ir a Wheeler Wrecker Service
Del Departamento de Policia de Pelham de vuelta al oeste (a su derecha) en County Road 52. Pase el primer set de vias del tren e imediatamente de vuelta a su derecha en Lee Street. Wheeler Wrecker esta a mano izquierda.