Leak Adjustment Guidelines
The City of Pelham Water Works offers courtesy assistance in the event a customer experiences a substantial increase in water use due to a water leak.
To ensure that your application gets processed in a timely manner, please carefully review the following Leak Adjustment Guidelines:
- The customer must submit a completed Leak Adjustment form provided by the City of Pelham. Leaks must be repaired prior to review of the account.
- Applicant must have been a customer of the City of Pelham for at least a six-month period at the address being considered.
- No more than one leak adjustment credit per a twelve month period will be provided.
- Your utility account must be paid in full and kept current until the leak adjustment is reviewed and a decision has been made.
- Receipts of repair must be submitted, if applicable.
- Non-eligible request would included:
- Outside faucets that have not been turned off properly.
- Leaking hose pipes.
- Toilets that have been turned off and not repaired.
- Irrigation systems turned off and not repaired.
Calculating Leak Adjustments
- When a request has been approved for an adjustment, your average ‘normal’ monthly use is calculated based on your prior use history for the past twelve months.
- A credit is then given for those units used above this average ‘normal’ use. The excess units are then credited at a lower rate than the actual billing rate.