- Administration (clerical support, accounting/financial support)
- Engineering (City Engineer)
- Ballantrae Golf Club
- Building Inspections and GIS
- Human Resources
- Facilities Maintenance and Landscape
- Parks and Recreation
- Pelham Civic Complex & Ice Arena
- Public Works (laborers for maintenance and repair of streets and other community areas)
- Garage (mechanics to support operation and maintenance of all city vehicles)
Interested in an open position listed below and want to apply? Simply complete an online application located at the bottom of this page. You are welcome to submit the completed application and back ground check authorization forms via email. We will retain your application on file for 60 days. (You may also forward a copy of your resume along with the completed application.)
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex (including pregnancy), color, age, national origin, disability or any other protected status. We base our hiring decisions on a variety of factors., including skills and ability to perform the job, prior employment experience, employment references as to character and willingness to work, willingness to accept the offered salary and personal interviews. The City of Pelham is an equal opportunity employer.
Current Employment Opportunities:
Ballantrae Golf Club
GRILL/BEVERAGE CART ATTENDANT - PART TIME
Part time up to 30 hours a week. Rate of pay is $9.00 an hour plus tips. Schedule includes weekday/weekend mornings and afternoons. Must be 21 years of age with a valid driver's license.
Job duties include friendly customer service, cooking breakfast and lunch items, operating a point of sale system, grill cleanliness, driving a beverage cart on the golf course and the sale of beverages and food to the golfers.
Civic Complex and Ice Arena
FACILITIES ASSISTANT/LABORER ~ PART TIME
The City of Pelham is currently seeking to fill our Part-Time position for Facilities Assistant/Laborer. This job involves keeping the premises of the Civic Complex building in clean and orderly condition by performing the following duties:
- Ensures facility is clean according to guidelines established by management.
- Assists with event set up.
- Performs light building maintenance duties.
- Provides excellent customer service to patrons.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) plus one month related experience and/or training.
Special Requirement: Must be at least 21 years of age due to position requirement to serve alcohol to patrons.
Salary Range: $8.00 + based on qualifications/experience.
Applicant must satisfactorily pass a background investigation and pre-employment drug screen after receiving conditional offer of employment. Applications are available on our website (https://pelhamalabama.gov/156/Job-Opportunities) and can be downloaded. Completed applications may be emailed, or mailed to the City of Pelham Human Resources at P.O. Box 1419, Pelham, AL 35124, or may be dropped off in person. Position posted until filled. City of Pelham is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is E-Verify compliant.
Development Services & Public Works
Parks & Recreation
The City of Pelham is currently accepting applications for the position of Director of Racquet Club.
The Director of Racquet Club is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and supervision of the Pelham Racquet Club and Tennis Center within the community under established goals.
Representative Duties and Responsibilities: The list is not intended to be all-inclusive nor exclusive but is intended to provide examples of typical duties performed:
• Manages and supervises daily operations for Pelham Racquet Club and Tennis Center
• Organizes and manages all programs and events at Pelham Racquet Club and Tennis Center
• Oversees all facility maintenance
• Responsible for creating and promoting all services offered at Pelham Racquet Club and Tennis Center
• Handles daily issues of members, guests and reporting personnel
• Directly supervises all staff for the Racquet Club and Tennis Center
• Creates and oversees the department budget
• Monitors pro shop inventory and orders items
• Responsible for all club communications both internally and externally
• Facilitates and attends meetings
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and at least five years working in a tennis facility with at least two years working on USTA sanctioned events. Experience developing and managing programs for facility growth. Marketing and budgeting experience is preferred.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Team Work - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Leadership - Inspires respect and trust; Ethics - Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values; Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Dependability - Takes responsibility for own actions; Professionalism - Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Quality - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
The compensation range for this position is $86,380.00 – 112,706.00. The City of Pelham also offers an excellent benefits package.
A completed application is required and emailed to HR@pelhamalabama.gov or mailed to City of Pelham, Human Resources, at P.O. Box 1419, Pelham, AL 35124. The final date to submit applications is Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 5:00PM.